What Do Mixing Kettles Do?
A mixing kettle is a straight side vessel with either a dished or rounded bottom and a flat top. They come in single wall and jacketed options for steam heating and cooling, although some units are heated with electricity instead of a steam jacket. Typically made of carbon steel or 304/316 stainless steel, the top can either be open or have a removable lid.
Mixing kettles are used for powder-liquid or liquid-liquid mixing and blending. They can be used in both large- or small-scale operations and work to disperse, emulsify, cool, and heat contents to fulfill your production process requirements. Kettles can also include an agitator and may contain a high-speed mixer along the sidewall for easy disassembly and removal. Regardless of your needs, there is a kettle out there that can accommodate your production requirements.
Types of Mixing Kettles
At Phoenix Equipment, we offer a variety of mixing kettles to support your business operations:
- Single motion mixing kettles. These kettles have a low- or high-speed agitator that scrapes the bottom and side walls. This prevents baking and product build-up on the kettle walls. Sweep agitators might also be available.
- Double or dual motion kettles. Similar to single motion kettles, these kettles can include low- or high-speed agitators, but they may also be found with a counter-rotating blade mixer.
- Triple motion kettles. These kettles offer a sweep agitator and a combination of two additional high- or low-speed mixers.
Shop Our Used and Refurbished Kettle Inventory
At Phoenix Equipment, we offer a wide inventory of both refurbished and used kettles and processors from all of the leading manufacturers, including Groen, APV Crepaco, Hamilton, Mueller, Walker, and many more. Some of our most popular options include:
- Stainless steel single motion kettles
- Dual motion kettles
- Triple motion kettles, including DCI kettles and processors
- Groen kettles and processors
- Cherry Burrell kettles and processors
- Paul Mueller kettles
We are excited to help your business find the used kettle that will best support your operations. Call us today to get a quote on one of our many kettles or processors. We’d be happy to talk about all of your other process equipment needs, as well.